Call parking offers users a flexible way to manage incoming calls and transfers between team members.
The parked call can then be 'retrieved' from any phone on the same account and group as the user that parked the call. This connects the retriever to the parked caller.
Call return will connect the parked caller to the configured 'return parking destination', dialling this number if the call is not retrieved within the time out period.
Setting up Call Parking
Log into 2talk live and select the Call Parking feature under the Advanced Menu
Tick 'Enable call parking' and configure the parking settings as required
Call parking and retrieval can only be used by phones that are on the same account AND in the same group. You can configure groups in the Lines Manager page.
Only one method should be used between all members of the group.
FAC parking reads the parking slot back to the user who parked the call and parking slots cannot be monitored with BLF.
Call transfer parking is therefore the best choice when your IP Phone supports BLF and FAC parking offers an alternative for those without BLF support.
Feature Access Code parking:
- While on a call do an attended transfer to *0 to park in the first available slot or transfer to *0XXX to park in slot number XXX (e.g. transferring to *0705 will park the call in slot 705).
- The parking slot will be read back to you, the attended transfer can be completed to finish parking the call to this slot.
- While on a call dial #0, after the prompt dial *0# to park in the first available slot or dial *0XXX# to park in slot number XXX (e.g. transferring to *0705# will park the call in slot 705).
- The parking slot will be read back to you, the call can be hung up to finish parking the call to this slot.
Call Transfer parking:
- While on a call do a blind transfer to the parking slot number XXX or press the configured DSS key (e.g. blind transferring to 705, or pressing DSS key '705', will park the call in slot 705).
- While on a call dial ##, after the prompt dial the parking slot number XXX (e.g. dialling ## followed by 705# will park the call in slot 705).
- Configure a BLF DSS key on an IP phone with the monitored line value set to the parking slot number. A call pick up extension must not be configured. The transfer type for the BLF key must be configured to 'blind transfer'. For example on Yealink the BLF key 'value' parameter is set to the parking slot number, e.g. '705', and the 'extension' parameter is left blank. The 'Transfer Mode via DSSKey' setting must be set to 'Blind Transfer'.
- Parking slots DSS keys will display the IP phone's 'in use' colour if occupied by a parked caller, or the 'available' colour if the parking slot is unoccupied.