Extension dialling enables you to quickly contact other people in your organisation improving productivity.
You can set up extensions for numbers on your account to internally transfer or make calls to numbers within your account.
You can also use extensions if you set up Auto Attendant so that when a customer calls your main number, and then know the extension number of the person they are wanting to reach they can dial through to them. Example: “Welcome to Our Company if you know the extension of the person you wish to talk to… ”
Setting up Extension dialling
- Log into the 2talk web portal
- From the top menu select CloudPBX
- Select Number manager from the left hand menu
- Once the table displays type the relevant extension number next to each line. Note: The required extension field length is 3-4 digits
- Navigate to bottom of the page Save to update
- You can also set extension numbers on a per line basis by expanding the Preferences menu and selecting Extension Dialling
If you are also planning on setting up Auto Attendant think about creating a plan to allocate your extension numbers rather than allowing random patterns.